How do I update with Linux and Firefox35? Cannot get update to work.
I've tried several times to update using the on-screen instructions. It just doesn't update. I am only semi-computer literate so may be doing something wrong or not doing something. For the past couple of years when it sometimes said I needed to update I'd click the icon. It asked for a password--each time I'd try several (4-6) but none were accepted so I gave up. I now think that I should have asked for help then. How do I update--the boxes say I have "Linux" and "Firefox 35". It says 35 not 3.5. I also have Ubuntu. When I login to Facebook at the top it say "You're using an old version of Firefox that is no longer supported and may be insecure." Please help me.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
The Facebook one- about 3-4 weeks ago.
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The Totem 2.22.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110422 Ubuntu/8.04 (hardy) Firefox/3.6.17
Don't know how to reaccess the Help > Troubleshooting Information listed below to copy and paste.
I'd done that before--appears this is third time.
You seem to be using an old Ubuntu distribution that may not meet the system requirements for current Firefox releases, so you need to check that first.
Can't you update to a more recent Linux distribution?
Yeas as Unbuntu 8.04 is rather old as it came out in April 2008. Being that it is a LTS release the old stable packages it has can essentially make it even older.
What happens when you try to start Firefox 16.0.2 ? maybe if you try to start in while in a Terminal it will gives you errors to give you indication of problem.