When I close my laptop and then reopen it, my Firefox browser (already open) would need to be restarted b/c it was moving so slowly - Force Quit - Solution?
This doesn't happen all the time, but enough times where it's annoying and shouldn't happen. I normally click force quit because everything is going so slowly and not functioning properly. HELP!
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
Not very long after I initially used Firefox, i think
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 126.96.36.199
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 188.8.131.52
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
have not tried anything yet, except to reboot firefox, which has not solved the problem
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!