Firefox not working as well as before
I have version 14.0.1
Ever since it's last update, I have had these issues. When I sit down to use computer, I click on firefox link and I get the "error, try again" screen. The one you get if you don't have a internet connection. And yes, all internet connections are working properly. It's not a internet issue. The other issue is I don't get pictures on certain websites. For example, I will to Yugster and no pictures appear at all. If I click on the picture, a blank screen appears. The web address is listed along with "gif image, 1x1 pixel.
Appreciate any help for this 82 year old gentleman. Thank you
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
First, please update Firefox to 16.0.2. The version you are using is out of date and has known issues. Update Firefox to the latest version
After updating, please try to read Firefox can't load websites but other browsers can and Server Not Found - Troubleshoot connection problems
I updated and it seemed to solve the internet issue but I still am unable to see pictures of items for sale at a site (for example) like Yugster.
BTW, thank you for getting me to update the browser.
Would it help if you knew I use Kaspersky internet security? I feel lost
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
Darn, the article for Kaspersky is outdated.
Solved it. Turned off anti-banner. Yay. Can't believe how lucky I got.
Thanks to all for your help. I sincerely appreciate