All searches come back in the French Language
Every time I sign in or do a search the result is in the French Language.
Its not a firefox problem. In google you choosed french language as a default language. To change your language in Google - goto Google Accounts ->Language -> Change/Add Another Language and choose your language as a Primary languageRead this answer in context 5
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
A few weeks ago
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.112
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Its not a firefox problem. In google you choosed french language as a default language. To change your language in Google - goto Google Accounts ->Language -> Change/Add Another Language and choose your language as a Primary language
Seems to have done the trick. Many Thanks for your input.
I have this problem on many sites, not just Google. One example I'm just fighting with: www.hp.com, on my macbook, goes to the normal english website; On my Ubuntu machine, insists on showing Finnish on any site that has Finnish available. I doubt this is a Firefox problem either, probably regional and language settings. But I'm still looking for that setting, everything in my regional and language settings says English and nothing says Finnish. So why is firefox redirecting me to Finnish sites if I want to see English?
You can check the order of the installed Languages.
- Edit > Preferences > Content > Languages