This is tiresome already! I have repeatedly downloaded the Silverlight update to version 5.1 but firefox continues to show version 4.1.10111.0.
FIREFOX 16.0.2 CONTINUES TO SHOW SILVERLIGHT 4.1.10111.0 IN PLUG-INS DESPITE REPEATEDLY UNINSTALLING SILVERLIGHT AND THEN INSTALLING SILVERLIGHT VERSION 5.1.
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Your system details list shows a Silverlight 5.1.10411.0 version.
Where do you see the Silverlight 4.1.10111.0 version?
I have installed Silverlight 5.1.10411.0 but the red message stating "Silverlight plug-in is know to be vulnerable and should be updated" but when I follow the "update now" link it just goes to a page saying "Silverlight 4.1.10328.0 has been blocked".
I think the problem is that the red warning message should have been removed when users have updated to 5.1.10411.0 but it hasn't for some reason despite what seems to be a successful install ?
I also still get the flashing RED Lego brick (plugin) symbol in the browser navigation toolbar when I go to sign-in on any https: prefixed website (see attached picture) even though Silverlight 5.1.10411.0 'appears' to be installed according to the Add-ons Manager display.
What is going on?????