How do I get rid of Price Peep? It is not available to uninstall with "Remove Programs".
Somehow Price Peep got on my computer. I have searched my computer for "Price" and "Peep" and deleted any remnants of "Price Peep", but it doesn't go away. I think that it may be attached to Mozilla Firefox somehow.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I tried to install "Paint Shop 4" on my computer. The download installed a bunch of crap on my computer.
- Google Update
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
This happens everytime I am on a shopping website, amazon, zappos, etc.
Try the following:
Scan for Malware
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try some of the following programs to scan for malware:
- MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
- TDSSKiller - AntiRootkit Utility
- Microsoft Security Essentials (A good permanent anti-virus if you don't already have one)
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Click on the orange Firefox icon on the top left of the browser. Click on Add-ons (on the right column, right above Options) or Press [Ctrl + Shift + A] Select PricePeep and then click Disable.
With all due respect, telling Firefox to "disable" the program is a half-step. I just set up a new Sony Laptop running Win 7 and after the endless, moronic, overload of updates and mandates, reboots, etc., Price Peep showed up. CONTRARY TO POSTS ABOVE, IT DOES SHOW UP IN CONTROL PANEL UNINSTALL PROGRAMS in Win. But, it forces you to go to a Web site and click on your reasons for uninstalling, then answer the question box explaining why you want to delete the program. And despite the thin attempts to deny posted by Mozilla, it appears to install with Firefox, very possibly as a source of advertisement revenue. When done with that nonsense, download and run CCleaner, twice. Further, you MUST have a good antivirus program installed anyway - but it will not stop ad-ons from running, because it does not look like nor act like a virus. Thanks to Price Peep and MS endless installation, I will never, ever by another PC: Apple is it the next time, so long, good bye, MS, along with all the PC problems.
Price Peep is an adware infection which is supposed to promote Spam website advertisements through pop-ups. anyhow, to remove price peep malware, you are advised to scan your system with an anti-malware program because this virus will not let you uninstall it via control panel or browser settings. Or, if you wish to remove it manually, then make sure to delete all of its components and registry keys Price Peep virus (popups) removal guide