All drag and drop features have stopped working in Firefox 16 / Firefox 16.0.2
Note sure when it stopped working exactly but all drag and drop features no longer work... images, URLs, tabs... you name it. I was on FF 16 and upgraded to 16.0.2 with no help. Safe mode... same behavior. Disable every single add-on and plug-in... same thing again. using default theme.
What's left to try?
I'm running Windows XP SP3.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
I also have this problem after updating to Firefox 16.0.2 on Windows 8 RTM. Firefox 16.0.1 worked fine. I disabled all add-ons and plugins, even created a new profile. Nothing helps.
And oddly enough, I went to download 16.0.1 to revert back... and the problem has fixed itself. Tab dragging and bookmark dragging both work now. I did not revert and I didn't do anything that should have changed this since my previous post. I restarted the browser afterward and Firefox is still "fixed"
A full system reboot got things working for me again. Not ideal but I'll take it for now.