I downloaded quebles from my hotmail account and now have a queble search engine. How do I delete it?
When I click to open a new window/tab, rather than my google search engine, I'm getting the following: www.mynetsearch.com or search.quebles.com. I just want to delete the entire thing. I've unchecked the quebles tool bar, so that's gone, but I can't get rid of this search engine. I've checked my installed programs and it's not listed so I can't delete it from there. HELP.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
today when I downloaded quebles from hotmail (BIG mistake!)
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.526
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Try to reset some preferences to the default with the SearchReset extension:
Note that the SearchReset extension only runs once and then uninstalls automatically, so it won't show on the "Firefox > Add-ons" page (about:addons).
I had issues with the search engine in firefox, I only wanted google but there were all these others and yahoo would always replace google. I searched and searched until finally this very simple fix, do this: Click Start, bottom left in the task bar. Click Run. Type in: c:\program files\mozilla firefox\searchplugins There will be a list of search engines, right click and delete the ones you do not want, it's that simple. I thank the person that I found in the forums for this solution...It Works!