informer.first-jump.com for home page DO NOT WANT IT
informer.first-jump.com keeps coming up as my home page. I know how to change homepage but this program keeps hijacking my setting. The page is in multiple languages and does not have any active settings it just shows up as the home page and looks similar to your new tab view but does not show any pages I have visited. The title says "First Page" and has Anvos Service SRL at the bottom. I do not want this page and want to remove it completely.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
hello normone, can you try the following?
go to firefox > help > troubleshooting information > profile folder - "show folder", then a new window will open up. in this window look out for a file named user.js (it is used to overwrite your custom settings). in case it is present , delete or rename this file and restart firefox afterwards.
There is no file by that name, only a prefs.js and sessionstore.js
Do any prefs come up if you do a search on the about:config page?
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
please also make sure that you don't have any unwanted extensions (toolbars, addons that you have not installed intentionally, etc) installed in firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries. also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there and do a full scan of your system with security software.
if this doesn't help either you could try an please try uninstalling firefox from the windows control panel & afterwards manually check if the firefox program folder got deleted (it's usually in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox or Program FIles (x86) on 64 bit systems.) and else remove it manually. then download & install a fresh copy from getfirefox.com
I have that Problem too. However I have several problems. AVG, First jump and that another Plugin Speed dialer.. I could not find the Speed dialer, but i think it caused this problem. You should read both my posts here. I found AVG plugin missing a Removal button while searching to the NEW TAB problem with First Jump and the speed dial page.
There is not removal button in firefox Addons. I do see AVG in Control panel under the Programs Installation panel for those who want to remove it. My guess is, that if you remove AVG. I found the Speed Dial Entry in the ADDONS page, and uninstalled it. For some reason I thought it put the First Jump in there. Anyway read below this Response and you will find that I did remove the First Jump entry.. located on the About:config page for firefox. Instructions below..
Modified by cyberbear
Okay, I removed the AVG toolbar, cause I did not like it anyway, because it was blocking popups that I needed for sites. It was worse in IE 9. YOu need to go to the About:config page in firefox. Type it in the Address bar and the page will load. Then look for the Browser.newtab.uri on the left.
I found two of them one after another. Anyway, i changed mine to Google, and they work. Anyway Hope this helps..
Modified by cyberbear