addon list not loading in Firefox 17 after update
Running FF beta 17 - I go to tools & click addons. Nothing happens - will not open. clicked control/shift/a = same fail. sorry - I cleared cache/cookies + used avg pro to clean + restarted windows 7 64 X and FF = still fail - I see this similar problem historically happened with FF 6 and others. What is wrong? Thx!
Modified by pashadad
Chosen solutionby electra225
Followed your instructions. Through trial and error, found that Tab Mix Plus 0.4.0.3 causing problem. Disabled and everything now works. Will wait for update from them. Thanks Cor-el.Read this answer in context 1
Tab Mix Plus has a beta update (0.4.0.4) available that fixed the problem. I have TM+ enabled again.Go to answer 4
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.117
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Google Update
- Nitro PDF Plug-in for Firefox and Chrome
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1683
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
sorry - forgot to add: everything else in the tools drop down works. Addons fails
Modified by pashadad
It is possible that there is a problem with the file(s) that store the extensions registry.
Delete the files extensions.* (e.g. extensions.sqlite, extensions.ini, extensions.cache) and compatibility.ini in the Firefox profile folder to reset the extensions registry.
New files will be created when required.
See "Corrupt extension files":
If you see disabled, not compatible, extensions in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions" then click the Tools button at the left side of the Search Bar (or click the "Find Updates" button in older Firefox versions) to check if there is a compatibility update available.
If this hasn't helped then also try to delete the addons.sqlite file.
Hi Cor-el TY for your response. I started FF in safe mode, [selected help/restart with addons disabled] then I could see the addon list. Then I restarted FF and the problem is fixed. How odd. At least it is working now.
Now I see that todays special probleme swith the new FF include: under "Help" ALL these are not active: FF help + troubleshooting + submit feedback. I am getting >>>OFF<<< this beta update channel. what is WRONG with FF. Corel, thanks for your answers, but i am not a programmer ,and your instructions were very hard to follow, maybe someone with a degree in computer science coudl follow them. thanks anyway
Followed your instructions. Through trial and error, found that Tab Mix Plus 0.4.0.3 causing problem. Disabled and everything now works. Will wait for update from them. Thanks Cor-el.
Modified by electra225
Thx Electra - I removed tab mix plus and the FF help + troubleshooting + submit feedback work again. Will not ever use tab mix plus after this. If an addon screws up FF, i do not use it again.
Tab Mix Plus has a beta update (0.4.0.4) available that fixed the problem. I have TM+ enabled again.