How do I removed the "Updated Search Bar"
I believe I picked this up downloading a font....This search bar loads as a tab at start-up I cant find an uninstall process any where in FF add ons or windows programs (uninstall). I've even "removed" it from the "manage search engines, it still reappears.......
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.527
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Picasa plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
I had same search added I believe. Before I reset Firefox, I followed the reset steps and saw the detailed listing of add-ons with their source info. There was a "Default Tab" add on from a weird looking source, I removed that add on and the "Updated Search Bar" is now gone.