download for firefox doesn't work
i've been asked to upgrade Firefox on our Windows xp. Once program is "downloaded", nothing changes. Down load does not seem to have occured.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Everytime i attempt to download upgrade.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- npmnqmp 071303000006
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.4.2_03 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Try the following:
- Go to www.getfirefox.com
- Click to download Firefox 16.0.1 to your computer
- After the download is done, go to the location where it was saved (most likely Documents>Downloads)) and double-click the "Firefox Setup" icon.
- Follow the steps to install Firefox.
Install Firefox on Windows can also help you.
Try to download the current version of Firefox from
- you will need to use an admin account in XP
- you may need to disable or change security software settings
- do NOT use any option that offers to delete personal information, because that destroys passwords and bookmarks
- once you have downloaded the installer, find the file and double click it to run it.