The Firefox HELP tab keeps appearing every time I open the app or a new window. Firefox 3.6.28, Mac OS 10.4.11
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Plug-in for Starfield utilities
- ebrary Reader for NSAPI browsers on Mac OS X
- Office Live Update v1.0
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- LogMeIn remote control components
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28
Can't find anything in Firefox preferences that applies
I do not understand what you mean with the "Firefox HELP tab"
If a tab opens with a specific page when you start Firefox then you need to check the Home page setting to make sure that that page isn't set as the home page.
See these articles for some suggestions:
- https://support.mozilla.org/kb/How+to+set+the+home+page - Firefox supports multiple home pages separated by '|' symbols
If you do not keep changes after a restart then see:
Ah, apparently it was reading that I wanted both as home pages; when I reset my home page it started working right.