Why do you keep asking me to load the newest version? I have done this five times with no results...I loved my old firefox!!!
I cant seem to upgrade and its screwing up all my other applications...
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20111212 Firefox/3.6.25 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
You can try to manually download the latest and upgrade: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
You may also want to backup your current Firefox profile/settings/personal data before upgrading.
If problems persist you can Reset Firefox (a new feature) and start afresh.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20111212 Firefox/3.6.25 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
Your Firefox useragent is stuck at Firefox 3.6.25 due to Fast Browser Search having been installed when you had Firefox 3.6.25.
Modified by James