Firefox crashes about 10 times every day. Below is the current Crash ID
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Hi dd5775, sorry you are having problems. Crashes are often not too easy to troubleshoot, but one way or another it is usually possible to solve or get a workaround for the problems.
I do not see any big clues in the crash report, although similar crashes could be memory related (your's shows no lack of available memory). First of all try Firefox in safe mode:
- see Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode
- if it continues to crash in safe mode please post back and paste into your message couple of the Crash IDs
If Firefox continues to crash the next step that I would suggest is to test in a new profile. (An easy alternative may be to try the Reset Firefox feature although personally I see disadvantages in trying that option)
- if you are a confident computer user see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager#Creating_a_new_profile
Again try Firefox with the new profile (check it has no extensions or plugins enabled) and post a couple of the Crash IDs if it continues to crash.
For forum cross referencing problems
- Report for your Crash ID c20220ac-3a81-47f2-8d4e-101992120930
- crash Signature: js::GCMarker::processMarkStackTop(js::SliceBudget&)
- associated Bug 719114 - Firefox Crash @ js::GCMarker::processMarkStackTop
(also 792226 & 730283 ) edit AND
Modified by John99
It is a crash with garbage collection and such crashes usually indicate some kind of memory corruption problems.
Try to create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
There may be extensions and plugins installed by default in a new profile, so check that in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions & Plugins" in case there are still problems.
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
hi im using windows 7 ultimate and firefox 18.0.02 but it keeps crashing on me all time sometimes about 20 times a day can someone help plz
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox and any leftover program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps one by one:
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu) and confirm all upcoming messages.
- Now, uninstall Firefox by following the steps mentioned in the Uninstall Firefox article.
IMPORTANT: On Windows, the uninstaller has the option to remove your personal data and settings. Make sure that you do not check this option; otherwise all of your bookmarks, passwords, extensions, user customizations and other Firefox user profile data will be removed from your computer.
After uninstalling Firefox on Windows, delete the "Mozilla Firefox" program folder, located by default in one of these locations:
- (On 32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- (On 64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Go to the Windows Start menu and click on "Computer".
- In the Explorer window that opens, double click Local Disk (C:) to open the C:\ drive.
- Find the "Program Files (x86)" folder or "Program Files" folder.
- On 32-bit Windows, double-click the Program Files folder to open it.
- On 64-bit Windows, you will see a "Program Files (x86)" folder AND a "Program Files" folder. Open the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Look for a Mozilla Firefox folder. If you find one, right-click it and select Delete and confirm that you want to move the folder to the Recycle Bin.
Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!