How do I restore saved bookmarks if they are not .json?
A few weeks ago I backed-up my Firefox bookmarks into the computer. Now my Windows had to be reinstalled in an emergency because of Trojans and everything from C (Windows), including the browser, was lost and now I installed again. But I tried to restore the bookmarks and I can't because it's not a .json or .html file, it's just a file, it says. How did this happen and what can I do?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
hello, how did you back it up originally? when you've done it through firefox in-built function, you could simply try renaming the file into file.json (or .html depending on the format you chose for export)...
Thank you so much, I renamed it and I could restore them. Thanks! <3