Using Firefox 14 & 15 crashes my display driver continously, how can this be fixed?
OS Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit reports: "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 186.31 stopped responding and has successfully recovered"
Chosen solutionby philipp
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.16
- Version 18.104.22.16817
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Asus Laptop N61VG series, OS Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit
CPU Intel Core2 Duo P7450, Ram 4GB, Graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT220 1GB.
I believe crashing with the same reported error started after install of Firefox14 (installed Firefox15 but didn't help).
Firefox13 and before I don't recall any of these types of crashes.
Firefox has crashed over 10 times while I have been typing this into Firefox.
When I close Fox and instead use Google chrome or other s/w there are no crashes.
I have turned off hardware acceleration in Firefox but crashing continues.
I plan to uninstall firefox and re-install fox13.
Yay! problem now solved. I went to the recommended site fed in my system details "Asus Notebook NVIDIA GeForce GT 220M 1GB OS Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit" and the site recommended I download:
Downloaded, installed, tested for a day or two and no crashes of the display driver since - Fixed.
Thank you for your help!
- D avid Rox