Firefox Links to local or network pages do not <a href="file:///T:/XX/bat/xx.bat" type="application/bat" target
Hi All, the problem i am having on users systems is that the link that points to the network drive for a batch file to execute nothing happens in FF but works in IE
i found some fixes which is the current user profile but i would like to push the following out for all users without resetting their current settings. i am currently still running ff v12 but i would like to update v 15.x with the fix.
1. opendownload.xpi 2. opendownload2-3.2.1-fx+sm.xpi 3. user.js
Modified by cor-el
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Google Update
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.115
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Novell iPrint Scriptable Plug-in provides functions for the iPrint Map Designer
- iPrint Plug-in 1.0.0 - Provides iPrint client services for Windows
- Novell ZENworks Remote Management Viewer and Listener Launcher
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
these files seems to fix the problem but i would like to get an permanent solution for these .bat files to open without nay prompts.
THANK YOU ALL.
You found a way to launch a .bat file from a local file in Firefox?! Maybe you trust that one file, but I'm not sure whether you want to make any global changes to accommodate it...
Could you explain in a little more detail what you're trying to do on the end user machines?
Thanks for getting back to me. I am am using customized mozilla.cfg file to locks few settings and homepage. the links are on intranet site where user can launch applications using the shortcuts.
I have added these three lines below to configuration file and and it gets me to save or cancel prompts. pref("capability.policy.localfilelinks.checkloaduri.enabled", "allAccess"); pref("capability.policy.localfilelinks.sites", "http://www.xxx.com"); pref("capability.policy.policynames", "localfilelinks");
One more to go: I need to install the add-ons which lets me run/open the batch file. what i have now is to install it for profile base but need to accomplish to install the two .xpi files or all users who logs in.
It works profile base so i am testing to make sure these add-ons are installed for all user. if i can get this accomplished then i can push the fix to all users.
Modified by wwwtech
Hi All, problem has been resolved. Extracted plug-ins needed to be copied to Program Files\extension folder instead of user extension folder. system base fix instead of user base.
thank you all for your support.