VERSION 15.01 UNSTABLE
WHEN GOING TO WEB SIE FIREFOX 15.01 NEVER STOPS LOADING THE SITE, HOURGLASS NEVER DISAPPEARS
Modified by mbernold
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
UPDATED TO FIREFOX 15.01
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_33 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.115
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.1
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- iLinc101 Install Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
I posted this in reply to another topic: FireFox keeps locking up. No links work, and pages take quite a bit of time to load. This only started after the update.
Modified by thewuzimu
Same problem here. I think this is the dead of Firefox and I'm crying.
If you just update firefox and you have this issue, probably your Internet security software (firewall or/and antivirus or antispyware) preventing Firefox from connecting to internet, see:
btw your user agent said that you have 14.0.1 version not 15.0.1
see your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Hello, In my case this issue was fixed by the removal of latest flash update. Uninstall and reinstall did not fix it. The OS is Win7 32bit. The OS is fully updated. I am currently operating with out flash. I am sending this from a machine that is also win7 but 64 bit. I am not having any issues at 15.01 and the latest flash level. The symptom was a freeze while loading a website. The only way out was a win end task command. Same issue after I removed every part of FF 15.01 that I could and installed 15.0. Hope this helps. Thank you
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
The reset command did not work at all. I tried it several times. In addition, safe mode failed in the identical manner. This was true for both 15.0 which was working with flash (previous version) and 15.1. Removing the latest flash from both version allowed them to work. A reinstall of flash re instigated the issue. The flash version was 11.4.402.265. This post is coming from a 64 bit machine.
If you have your own problem with Firefox 15 being slow to load web pages by all means read the suggestions in these threads, such as to check your security programs and settings.
If problems continue please post your own thread by asking a question yourself using /questions/new that should allow us to see more information about your system. Please also
- state what security related software and firewall is in use
- please also try web pages that do not have any video/flash content, do they load ok ?
Protected Mode in the latest version of Adobe Flash does not play well with Firefox. If your computer loads well in internet explorer and chrome, but not firefox, this could be your problem.
15.01 is a problem. Clearly not vetted completely before being released. Users shouldn't have to spend hours reloading applications and modifying settings when a product is modified. I've been using Chrome on occasion and may now make the move. Sorry Mozilla.
PROBLEM HAS NOW GOTTEN WORSE....NOW ADOBE FLASH CRASHES EVERY TIME i USE VERSION 15.01.. MY SYSTEM IS WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE, 64BIT, HAVE AVG ANTI VIRUS..HAVE GONE BACK TO FIREFOX 14,01 NO PROBLEMS WITH USING THAT..HAVE DISABLED FIREFOX UPDATES AND WILL WAIT UNTIL 15.01 IS FIXED
Please note a general thread like this may provide useful information, but you are unlikely to get proper assistance unless you post your own question in a separate thread use /question/new/.
Problems with Firefox 15 being slower than Firefox 14 will probably only affect a small minority of cases. (It is being looked into Bug 784512 ) Anyone wanting to help and prepared to try a few tests please say so in this thread but then start your own thread using /questions/new.
Any Firefox user wishing to answer a few questions may help, but ideally a more advanced user willing to install and use both versions at the same time will probably get to the bottom of such problems faster. (Installing two versions and using separate profiles is considered, advanced, but easy to follow instructions are available, another alternative may be to use Firefox Portable, as an easy way of using two versions of Firefox, again links can easily be provided if anyone is interested )
Some starting points for anyone potentially interested
And a list of some general help articles
And as often problems relate to Flash Player and Video use follow advice and further links from
- Flash Plugin - Keep it up to date and troubleshoot problems
- NOTE, this long article is likely to be more up-to-date than the official articles http://kb.mozillazine.org/Flash#Flash_Player_11.3_Protected_Mode_-_Windows
My problem with Firefox 15 under Vista were resolved by disabling Protected Mode. My problem was very slow download speed only in Firefox.
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1018071?tstart=0 describes the process.
Shit this Mozilla man 15.01. I thought upgrade versions come with advance recovery options and faster/reliable.. After using this Mozilla 15.01 i don't believe in upgrade version from now onwards... The speed is ridiculous and hang like anything.. SIMPLY IRRITATING man... I tried every given solution from above non are working..
sorry you are having problems.
Believe me you would be better starting your own question and posting back when you have done that (so that others will look for your question). You will not get personal solutions posting in long general threads like this one. Nevertheless I will try to address some of your general concerns:
I thought upgrade versions come with advance recovery options and faster/reliable..
- the reset feature was introduced recently. Personally I see some disadvantages with it, but it is a very user friendly recovery method. Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems
- Firefox should be becoming faster, a dedicated team has working on this, and making good progress.
- Have you opted in to turning on telemetry, that allow the engineers to collect anonymised real world data about such matters see Send performance data to Mozilla to help improve Firefox
The speed is ridiculous and hang like anything..
i don't believe in upgrade version from now onwards...
- that means after after only a few weeks you will be using an insecure browser and increasing the security risks to your computer and your personal data
- you will also miss out on any new features, and possibly on any important fixes and security patches
Haw many times should i reset..??? Are we getting paid to do reset/restart every couple of minutes?? Keeping our work aside?? C'mon man, sorry to say but Mozilla is getting irritating update-by-update...
I am using Mozilla since from 1.5 years but i didn't faced such kind of issues, but it got started now..
I am in search of a NEW/RELIABLE/FASTER and best performance browser... Appreciate your recommends.
15.01 is crashing on any flash webpage. I've switched to Chrome.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
If the reset works it should be expected to be a one off operation. There will not normally be any need to repeat the resetting action.
You could try Chrome, but a lot of us do well with Firefox.
Of course this is someone else's thread, and we have no idea what device, OS, firewall, AV or other software you are using. If you are using Flash we have no idea of the version, or whether it is in protected mode.
Neither do we know if you are having hangs or crashes, or just slowness, and there is not really much point in answering that here, it would be much more sensible to start your own thread. To ask your own question and start a new thread please use this link
Modified by John99
I HAVE THIS PROBLEM TOO! Firefox crashes after 3 minutes. I keep having to restart. I've switched to Internet Explorer, though will probably take this opportunity to finally try Chrome, which everyone else is raving about.
My firefox version 15.1 works ok for a while then freezes/hangs. I have Kaspersky 13.0.1 is there any connection with this. I will resume working with Chrome till resolved.
Modified by KCTowers