Why is it that only youtube videos work - the rest just play audio?
Flash Player Version 11.4.402.265
I have an odd query - it centres around videos.
Recently the following problem has arisen:
Videos on youtube will play fine, both audio and video are synchronous.
However, any videos that are not on youtube only play audio. This means that websites like liveleak (who use JW player), 4OD, ITV player and Vimeo (who use moogaloop player) only play audio. Furthermore, videos embedded on websites do the same thing.
To try and fix the problem I have:
- Uninstalled and reinstalled flash player - Uninstalled and reinstalled firefox - Right clicked and disabled hardware acceleration
What do you guys and girls think could be the root of my problem. Audio plays fine but liveleak shows a blank white box and vimeo just shows the "snapshot" picture that appears to advertise each video before you click to play it.
What do you think is up?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
*Firefox version 15.0
* Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
* Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
* Google Update
* NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
* The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
* Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
Updated graphics card drivers - all is dandy
Thanks for postingback,I have marked the thread as solved.