I have small lock next to my FireFox icon what is that? I can't download any new versions? I have a Mac
Downloaded FireFox 14 and now a tiny lock sits to the left of the icon, I can't download the newer version - tells me there is already a version of FireFox running, but there isn't?
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
Downloaded the last version of FireFox
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Version 18.104.22.16882
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.16
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 22.214.171.124
- npmnqmp 071505000006
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Where is the lock? If it is the one in the address bar, it means simply that the connection with that website is encrypted and cannot be asily read by third parties, I think. When does it tell you that you got a version running of firefox? You might want to try to restart your machine.
Did you check the Firefox application in the Finder to see if you can remove that lock if it causes problems?