Adobe Flash Player 11.4 quits working, won't show videos even after reinstalling.
Had Adobe Flash Player 11.3 r300 and it stopped showing videos, etc. in Firefox a few days ago. Now I've installed v 11.4 r402 and it still gives error message "Adobe Flash Player ... has stopped working." I uninstalled, downloaded again and reinstalled -- with the same result. No videos. Firefox Plugin check page shows it installed correctly. Any solutions?
For 11.3, one of the workarounds was to disable protected mode. See this support article from Adobe under the heading "Last Resort": Adobe Forums: How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox? This appears to still be applicable in Flash 11.4.
You also could consider rolling back to Flash 10.3. However, some content may require new features of Flash 11.x. This article has the steps: Adobe Flash plugin has crashed - Prevent it from happening again.Read this answer in context 23
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.6.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
- I don't use RealPlayer or anything to do with it.
- Apparently this isn't possible for OS X...
- Despite my symptoms being slightly different to what's described, I've followed the directions here & disabled hw acceleration.
I've also run Firefox in safe-made & was still able to replicate the problem.
So themes/extensions have zero to do with the adobe plugin crash warning I'm getting whenever I go here.
Any other ideas?
Modified by jalyst
There are a number of open Flash plugin bugs, many of which involve crashes (examples).
It might help if you enter about:crashes in the address bar to get a list of crash reports, then click on the most recent few links and copy the URLs here.
Modified by AliceWyman
I've only just come back to this, had a no. of other things to deal with first...
Oddly enough it now seems to be working fine on the site I linked to(1), so hopefully it won't crash on similar flash sites anymore.
Nothing has changed in my entire setup as far as I'm aware, so it's very strange indeed, the site looks like it's had an overhaul though.
(1)even with hw acceleration re-enabled (running one of the 1st Intel Mac Mini's)
Modified by jalyst
Yes, it's possible that the problem was with the website since you say that things are working there now and that Nothing has changed in my entire setup as far as I'm aware, so it's very strange indeed, the site looks like it's had an overhaul though.
If you have any issues with Flash in the future, check these articles first for possible solutions:
- Flash Plugin - Keep it up to date and troubleshoot problems
If you start having problems again and need more help, you should start your own thread, since this one was started 08-30-2012 by artlife, a Win 7 user who was seeing the error, "Adobe Flash Player ...<version>... has stopped working" and his problem is now "solved".
If you start a new thread it will include your own system details, such as your operating system, Firefox version, installed plugins, and Troubleshooting Information, if you choose to include it. You can use this link as a starting point: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/new