I am unable to download pdfs from the web into my downloads folder
Since i did the new update on firefox (8-14?) I am unable to download pdfs from a website into my downloads folder. When I choose to view a pdf in a window, I get a blank window with the urlxxxx. pdf in the top...but a blank window. This is a change in the functioning of my browser since the update... i have changed nothing on preferences or anything I am able to download pdf's into my downloads folder from safari, but really don't want to change all my bookmarks etc from firefox to start using safari. Am on a Mac OS 10.7.4 thanks
Chosen solutionby Matt_G
There might have been an acrobat update that borked some settings. Let me know if that helps. Thanks!Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Juniper Networks Safari Extensions
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
There might have been an acrobat update that borked some settings. Let me know if that helps. Thanks!
nope...didn't help. When I typed in pdf into the search bar, nothing came into the content window. thanks for any further assistance you can provide...really hate to have to use safari instead of firefox trish.painter
Hi Matt_G OK.. the instructions said to enter "pdf" but in the list it should be to type in "portable document format"...I changed the action to acrobat reader and it works now..
thanks for your support! trish.painter