Invalid address message when a new tab is selected
Suddenly, each time I want to open a new tab, I get a dialog box pop up in the new and empty browser tab, telling me the address is invalid. This is before I have typed anything into the address bar.
Modified by Vortexboy
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Octoshape Streaming Services web integration browser plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Here is a screen shot of the dialog box.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.