When starting Firefox, I get a message that website is not encrypted????
Message warns that website is not encrypted and not safe. Why would this happen and what is the danger?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.6.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2066
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Loki Plugin v.3.1.0.05
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
I have tried reloading firefox AND ALL THE ADD ONS and still get the message.
Can you reply with the URL(s) of your home page(s)? You can copy from here:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Options > General
Is that message in a pop-up?
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
I finally figured it out. The not encrypted message pertained to the site I was going to and was not referring to Firefox. I was a little slow figuring this out but problem is solved now.