Some Personas not working
I've noticed that, since yesterday, some of the Personas are not working. When I hover some of them (including a few that I've created myself), the theme will not appear on my Firefox, only the colors will. I'm not really sure what to do about it.
Are you using the default theme?
To find out, go to Firefox > Add-ons or Tools > Add-ons, then go to the Appearance tab on the left. If the "Default" theme doesn't have a button to enable it, then that is what you are using.Go to answer 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Picasa plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Nexon Game Controller
- Pando Web Plugin
- 3DVIA player(22.214.171.124). For more information, visit the 3DVIA player web site.
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Are you using the default theme?
To find out, go to Firefox > Add-ons or Tools > Add-ons, then go to the Appearance tab on the left. If the "Default" theme doesn't have a button to enable it, then that is what you are using.
Nope, I've been using a theme I created myself.
Check for problems with an extension or theme:
Note that you need an allow exception to make hover work.
- Tools > Options > Security : "Warn me when sites try to install add-ons": Exceptions
You can check the HTTP response headers with the Live Http Headers extension to see if there are problems with retrieving the images.
- Live Http Headers: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/live-http-headers/
The exception IS allowed. Like I said, it's only not showing some of the Personas, not all. One of the ones that wasn't working (as in it was not showing up as my theme when I hovered over it or chose it as my theme) finally worked for some reason, but some others still aren't showing up. (Just a note: the thumbnails for the themes are showing up okay.)
Does Firefox make a request to load the persona images?
What do you mean?
Like I wrote a few replies earlier, you can use the Live Http Headers extension to check the requests made by Firefox if you hover an image and check the response headers received from the server (e.g. content-length) to see if the images were retrieved successfully.
Oh, I see. Nope, Firefox is making any requests, even for the Personas that aren't loading.
i think i have the same problem too but different in some areas...what i mean is I think there's nothing wrong with the personas... it will install instantly but when it's installed in my firefox it's kinda small... just the upper portion has the image and then the lower portion just plain color...and i don't really know what to do about it. so i just stop using personas for a while but I'm really trying to have that again because it's cool to have personas. I've tried so hard that i even read a lot of questions here and try to do things that i think might be helpful like refreshing or restarting my firefox but all my hard work are still not paid of...please help me with this. I want to use Personas again so badly. I really need a reply as soon as possible.
Please provide a screenshot.
It is best to use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot and make sure that you do not exceed a maximum file size of 1 MB.
Then use the Browse .... button below the Post a Reply text box to upload the screenshot.
see...just only the upper portion appears on my firefox... so what am I suppose to do about it?
Modified by phrincez_yfc0515
You only see the lower part of the persona at the bottom of the screen if there is a toolbar like the Add-ons bar (Ctrl + /) visible at the bottom.
- Firefox menu button > Options
- View > Toolbars (press F10 to make the menu bar show)