Firefox 14 - Download Window Blank
My Download Window in Firefox 14 is blank.
I have tried a variety of the fixes described on the site to no avail.
Chosen solutionby cor-el
That worked. Thanks very much.Go to answer 4
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
What do you mean? You don't see any download but the controls of the form, or the whole Download window is blank? Please send me a screenshot as a reply and I'll try to help you.
The download window opens, but remains blank. There have been a number of "fixes" suggested for this for earlier versions, which I have tried to no avail, and those threads are closed.
Overall, the download function itself still works ok; it's just the window that remains stubbornly blank. As Firefox is my preferred browser, I'd prefer it to work.
Are you remembering the download history?
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history" > "Remember download history"
Try to reset the browser.download.manager.retention pref on the about:config page.
Try to reset the Integer pref browser.download.manager.retention pref to its default value 2 on the about:config page.
That worked. Thanks very much.