Firefox not starting up
For the past couple of weeks, Firefox will not start up when I click on the icon on my desktop or the icon my toolbar. I have been forced to use IE because Firefox never works for me. It has gotten worse over the past couple of weeks. I just click, it lights up, then it is no longer lit up and the program never opens. I have tried the troubleshooting topics, including creating a new profile, but nothing has worked. I am running Windows 7 on a Sony Vaio Laptop. Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
3-4 weeks ago
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
Refer to these articles:
- Safe Mode - Will disable all add-on to make sure they are not causing problems
- Update Firefox - Be sure you have the newest version of Firefox install. Firefox 10
- Basic Troubleshooting
Modified by iMarshmellow
A possible cause is security software (firewall) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.