my tools feature in firefox does not have private browsing
My motherboard was recently changed.previous to that my desktop had the private browsing feature in firefox.but after the change, the tools feature does not have private browsing settings. it only has "clear private data" setting.now how do i create a private bbrowsing setting?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
i changed the motheboard.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6
You currently seem to be running a Firefox 3.0.6 version according to the user agent and that version doesn't have Private Browsing mode.
You should update as soon as possible to a currently supported release version.
You can find the latest Firefox release in all languages and for all Operating Systems here:
- Firefox 10.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Firefox 3.6.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
Modified by cor-el
I am running Firefox 13.0.1 which, I believe, is the most current version. It does not have PRIVATE BROWSING. It went away when I updated to the new version.
Well, right after posting the comment about Private Browsing no longer on the updated Firefox Version, I decided to try something. "Look for it in other tabs". Well...I found it. It is now under "tools" instead of "file".