Bookmark folders become scrambled by bookmarks being dumped into a totally different folder at random, causing enormous frustration.
User created folders within the Bookmarks Menu, as well as sub-folders, will have their names changed to that of another user created folder from elsewhere in the Bookmarks Menu. Contents will not be moved. With approximately 50 + primary folders, each of which my contain up to 20 sub-folders, and often many sub-sub-folders in addition to that, the task of tracking where my bookmarks are located is nearly impossible.
I truly believe you should invest more in the provision of a simple stable platform for your users, and invest less in the bells and whistles you are so proud of trumpeting and of which I utilize none voluntarily.
My question is twofold: 1. What can I do to achieve simple and dependable bookmarking functionality? 2. When will you fix this problem so that I don't have to waste time in the future performing a fix that ought to be a fundamental element of a stable system in the first place?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110902 Firefox/3.6.22
A possible cause is a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.