need older update: for mac tiger 10.4.11 (have 3.030
I have an older MAC laptop: can not afford a new one. I am running Tiger 10.4.11. My firefox is 3.0.10 which will not work anymore. The updates are too advanced. Where can I get a download of firefox for MY OLD computer that will work?
Firefox 3.6.x branch is the last version available for Tiger, download Firefox 3.6.25. See ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/3.6.25/mac/ (pick your lang)Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 9.0 r246
- Unity Web Player lets you experience dazzling interactive 3D right in your browser. For more information, visit Unity .
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Adobe SVG Viewer v3.0 for Macintosh
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/2009042315 Firefox/3.0.10
Firefox 3.6.x branch is the last version available for Tiger, download Firefox 3.6.25. See ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/3.6.25/mac/ (pick your lang)
Thank you for your suggestion. I got many windows that tell me this: 1. Firefox 3.6.25dmg is on a FTP server that may not allow applications to run or they will run very slowly. 2. Server connect interrupted, ftp.mozilla.org-2 3. following disk image failed to mount. Reason: not recognized.
Boy, I must be a geek, I can not even do this right.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks for your time!
I tried it many times and the last time I got to the download "ball" I push onto envelope. It says it can not complete because items are missing (error code: -43)
Almost there! What do you think is missing? Where would I find it?
Thank you for your knowledge and help!
I DID IT! I guess I am not that much of a moron chic as I thought! ha!
It works great! Many thanks!