white pages (Sensis) not woking properly.Things blanking out when trying to type letters.Explorer no problem.
I use windows vista.When I go to White pages (Sensis) I go to type a letter and things blank out. I click ,lets say "goverment" and it comes back with first letter typed.Second letter blanks again,same as above and so on for every letter.No problem with Explorer.Go to my laptop with Windows 7 and even older Firefox and also no problem.I am no computer expert,but for what I have read I dont want to upgrade every week.I dont want to lose my book marks.I didnt like losing Google ,web or Aus,just because you choose not to support it.One finds this out only after upgrades.I am on 3. something and dare not upgrade to 7,8,9 or what ever you are up to now.I will upgrade manually when I choose,not have you over take that and I would not be able to stop it.No programs I have get to update etc unless I choose to,its my computer its my choice.Lynnette.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110902 Firefox/3.6.22 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I downloaded Firefox 3.6.25 (I couldn't download 3.6.22) to test this and couldn't reproduce the problem.
Perhaps updating from 3.6.22 to 3.6.25 will fix it.
Firefox 3.6.25 can be downloaded from http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
At the moment with firefox 3.6.22 and I am able to turn off the auto updates every day, week etc.If I download 3.6.25 will I still be able to turn off updates.I dont like what I have read about these new versions and how you cant stop the auto updates.