I cannot find an option for sending a web link directly to my Wallpaper as a 'shortcut'.
I cannot find any option (in the 'File' tab), to send a website link to my wallpaper directly. On IE in the drop down 'File' menu tab, it has an option to 'Send' as an email, OR 'Send' to your desktop as a Shortcut.. Mozilla does not have that option. I do not understand why you do not have that simple option? The Drop down 'File' in Mozilla only allows you to send the link as an email. I always have to copy and paste a link from Mozilla to my IE browser to be able to send a link as a Shortcut to my wall paper.
Additional System Details
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- iLinc101 Install Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5
In Firefox, when I go to the drop down upper tab option of 'File', there is no option to "Send as a Shortcut to Desktop". (When you want a Web link to be a shortcut to your desktop.) You can only send the link as an email. In Internet Explorer, under the 'File' tab you have the additional option of "Sending to Desktop" as a shortcut.
Upgrade your browser to Firefox 8 and check