Firefox 8.1 downloaded today. Clearing everything, the Form & Search History will NOT clear. In 8.0 it did. Why now with 8.1?
Same question which I've already posed. IF I can be supplied with a working email addy - I'd be happy to include some screen shots illustrating exactly what it is I'm asking here... Please send me an email addy to continue. Thanks.
I mechanically clear EVERYTHING often when browsing. What I'm getting live arrows on for a Clear are: Browing & Download History Form & Search History (this is the ONE NOT working, no hot arrow) Next is Cookies then Cache Then Active Logins Then finishes up with Site Preferences.
IT IS THE FORM 7 SEARCH HISTORY which won't clear using new Firefox 8.1 where in 8.0 it did. Thanks.
Additional System Details
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-in Version 220.127.116.11
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
You can attach images to posts (and replies) here. There's a box to upload them.
There was only one mac-affecting change made in 8.0.1 which involved preventing a crash in the latest Java plugin. No other changes were taken. If you don't have the option to clear Form & Search History, this may be because you don't have any? Another possibility is that you have an extension that's preventing it. Can you go to Help > Troubleshooting information and paste here the extensions section?
Is that saving form data enabled?
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history" > "Remember search and form history"