firefox 9 bookmark icons missing
Firefox 9 bookmark icons have disappeared. this appears to have happened after updating to version 9 of Firefox for Mac. I only have a few add-ons, that should not conflict with the display of the icons. Menu bar bookmark icons still display, just not in the Bookmarks drop down menu.
Modified by david.a.weaver
Chosen solutionby Verdi
It's a bug in Firefox 9. Here's how to fix until we fix it:
- In the Location bar, type about:config and press Return.
- The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear. #Click I'll be careful, I promise!, to continue to the about:config page.
- In the filter section type, image.mem.decodeondraw
- Double-click the entry that results to change it's value to "False"
Verdi, Fixed. I thank you. dave.Go to answer 5
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- View PDF documents within your web browser.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:9.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0
This is very troublesome and I want to go back to 8.0
@Verdi, thanks it worked, it was already set to "false" bounced to "true" then back to "false" and it worked after a restart of FF.
Modified by smesiano
what is the solution?
Thanks Verdi, Simple solution, fixed this problem
Appreciate the suggestion but it didn't clear up my issues with the icons and neither did the changes to the config file. Also got a message that this was resolved when its not for most people. Keep trying again thanks for the tip.
This did not work for me or the small icon suggestion. Using XP sp3. Thanks.
This thread is about issues with lost favicons on a Mac [[*https://support.mozilla.org/kb/latest-firefox-issues#os=mac&browser=fx9 *]].
So this doesn't apply to your case as you are on a different Windows platform, so please create a new thread for your problem.
This Firefox 9 issue is listed in Latest Firefox issues for Mac, under "Icons missing in the Bookmarks menu". It should be fixed in the next major Firefox release (Fx10) due on Jan 31.
Since the thread owner has marked the issue as "solved" I'm locking this thread. If anyone has other questions please start a new thread.
Modified by AliceWyman