MSN has hijacked my homepage, how do i stop this ?
homepage will not change from MSN to anything else. Please help.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
two nights ago
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1689
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
You could check in your Firefox profile to see if something added a user.js file with that home page setting.
How do i do that?
Click on Help > Troubleshooting Information and click the button next to "Profile Directory". Look in that directory for a file named user.js. You can open it with a text editor to read its content.
I did not see anything there. I went to Help (in firefox), then troubleshoot, there was not "profile directory" so i clicked on open profile directory and i did not see a file like that anyplace.