FF won't let me sign in to google. What do I do?
I've tried several things and FF will not let me sign in to google bookmarks. Please help.....
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
You could downgrade to Firefox 3.6. Google is no longer supporting Google toolbar for firefox use on the current release. Google apparently took this decision partly because modern browsers already have many of the featured google toolbar tries to provide.
I down graded to 3.6 and I still cannot log in to my google bookmarks. I'm perplexed
Sorry I do not use google toolbars myself. I had assumed it would still work on firefox 3.6, but will have to leave it to others to address this issue.
Thank you. I like google toolbar because it has my bookmarks that I put in manually. Do you know of another toolbar that would have that feature?
Firefox itself has an awful lot of functionality for bookmarks, just as it is without even looking at the many software extensions available.
- How to use bookmarks to save and organize your favorite websites
- Use Tab Groups to organize a lot of tabs
- How to search IMDB, Wikipedia and more from the address bar
- and this summary by dmcrithie /questions/860628#answer-229290 including links and suggestions
- you may also be interested in the old article Live Bookmarks
Google Toolbar extension login problem starting around 09-17-2011.
Google changed the login address for their "accounts" and you need to edit the address to the new one.
- Open your Profile folder.
- With Firefox closed, open the \extensions\ folder in your Profile folder, then locate this folder and open it.
- Then you need to open the \lib\ folder to see the toolbar.js file. Open that file in a simple text editor program.
- Edit every occurrence of www.google.com/accounts to accounts.google.com - using the Find feature in the text editor - (I counted 15 times that address appeared in the toolbar.js file) .
- Save the edited file. Then start Firefox.
Fantastic! Thanks ever so much for this - I really can't do without my Google Bookmarks :-D