osx lion two finger swipe to scroll between pages does not work
Just upgraded to Mac OS X Lion which has changed some touch pad features. Scrolling left/right between web pages with two fingers does not work. I can scroll up & down but not left & right.
Also the up/down scroll within a window on a web page also does not work. The entire page scrolls up/down, but not the page within the window.
This bug hasn't been fixed in Firefox 8. WHAT GIVES?Go to answer 7
Here we are on beta 9 and still no 2 finger swipe. I can't recall seeing such a popular open source project as this self destruct. Chrome has had this and lots more for months now. Absolutely ridiculous.Go to answer 7
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Just after downloading OS X Lion
- Picasa plugin.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
Lion's new finger scrolling will become available in Firefox 8. (bug here).
Firefox 8 is currently in the Beta channel, and will be released on November 8th.
If Firefox can fix the side to side swipe and become a full-screen app it would become the best browser by far for Lion.
This bug hasn't been fixed in Firefox 8. WHAT GIVES?
Here we are on beta 9 and still no 2 finger swipe. I can't recall seeing such a popular open source project as this self destruct. Chrome has had this and lots more for months now. Absolutely ridiculous.
The bug says its fixed in FF 9. Don't see any changes - still doesn't work. I am on the latest FF 9 beta channel.
Modified by globalvariable