I can't get rid of "bing" from opening in new tabs. How can I get a blank page to open as in the past?
Up until yesterday, I could open a new tab with a blank page. Now, every new tab opens to a bing search page and focus is in the search box. Very annoying when I begin to type a URL and have to click in the URL to continue typing. How do I get back to a blank page opening?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
yesterday or the day before 8/10/11
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
In the menu in Firefox, go to Tools, then Add-ons. Make sure you are under the extension label. Right click on any form of "StartNow Toolbar" and disable.
Thanks. You did have to go through another step-"Extensions", to find the Icon for the StartNow Toolbar with Bing involved.
Yep tried it and it got rid of Bing!! Happy Happy