How can I fully disable pop-up blocker? Disabling it in settings will allow only first 200 pop-ups.
I disabled pop up blocking but FF decided that it is very smart and started blocking windows produced by my script - after around 100/200 pop-ups.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I decided to use my script on Wikipedia
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:5.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0.1
The default is to start blocking after 20 pop-ups, so it looks that you've already increased that maximum.
"To add, delete, or modify this preference, you will need to edit your configuration — do not edit this article." - it is really needed?
You can check and change the value of the pref dom.popup_maximum on the about:config page.
To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website.
If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.
- Use the Filter bar at to top of the about:config page to locate a preference more easily.
- Preferences that have been modified show as bold(user set).
- Preferences can be reset to the default or changed via the right-click context menu.
how do i allow popups?
did not work. Arden