App tabs lost after shut down and I have to redo them after every shut down any idea as to why they dissappear?
I use the app tab feature. After I have made the app tabs they disappear when I reboot the computer after shut down. So each time I have my frequently use sites as app tabs they disappear after shut down and reboot? Any Ideas as to why? I use Firefox 5, on a Windows 7 Home Premium machine. I use the addon "Too Many Tabs" would that conflict with the "App Tab" feature?
Modified by rickm1945
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
After I shut computer down for the day and booted up the next day.
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- BitCometAgent v1.19 for Firefox
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- 18.104.22.168 - The WorldWinner plug-in allows you to enjoy online casual games with the thrill of playing for cash and prizes
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
I can't tell you anything other than the app tabs disappear after shut down and then when I boot back up they are gone.
There are definitely work arounds that can help, however, why should a user have to jump through hoops just to keep a feature persistent?
The bug needs to be fixed... :)
I have a Toshiba Satellite L775, with Windows 7 Home. Each time I shut down, rather than go into sleep mode, I lose Firefox - get message that the shortcut links don't work do I want to delete them. I've tried reinstalling both from files on computer, and the internet. I've used different versions, including latest v12. Problem remains.
Firefox has begun to suk. This bug has been with us for months. There is a problem with loading Google mail contacts in firefox...... 'After years with firefox I am going to look at some other browsers.'
To GeorgeLex and tittiger:
When you posted a reply to this thread recently, you were replying to a question that was asked over a year ago.
This thread was locked because of a new feature just added to the Support Forum, that automatically locks a thread if it was originally created over 180 days in the past.
If you need help with Firefox you should ask a new question on the support forum. You can use this link as a starting point: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new