nightly is a official version or is better aurora?
sorry for my english... i am using Firefox 7.0 Alpha 1 (Nightly Channel), this version is awesome, is really faster than Firefox 3, but my question is ¿Nightly is a official project? because if it were not so I would use Aurora...
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I asked myself
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_25 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1240
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:7.0a1) Gecko/20110619 Firefox/7.0a1
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:7.0a1) Gecko/20110619 Firefox/7.0a1
Open Containing Folder
Intel(R) 946GZ Express Chipset Family
Blocked for your graphics driver version.
ClearType parameters not found
Google Inc. -- ANGLE -- OpenGL ES 2.0 (ANGLE 0.0.0.686)
GPU Accelerated Windows
Nightly is a unstable Trunk of development and is not a project per say. If any version were to get anything bleeding edge or risky patches in testing or addition it would be the version that is on the Nightly channel at moment first.
Mozilla has changed the way of development and is going to be faster in each release as a result but with more limited numbers of features actually put in and more control compared to say amount development behind Firefox 4.0 compared to 3.6.
The Nightly channel is not at all meant for regular Firefox users but for devs, testers and at least those who fully understand the use of separate installs and separate Profiles for each (should not share 7.0a1 profile with 4.0.1 or 3.6.* for example as problems will occur if you go back and forth).
Currently Firefox 5.0 is still officially on the Beta channel, 6.0a2 is on Aurora channel and early development of 7.0a1 is on Nightly. Within a couple weeks the 6.0 will move to Beta and 7.0a1 will move to Aurora (things will get more stable then for 7.0a2).
If you really want to be a Tester on the Nightly channel which gets updates each day (even twice on occasion) then look in http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=23
And despite what some sites claim, Mozilla has not released Firefox 5.0 yet as the release date is still June 21 at earliest.
Modified by James