How do I disable the "Plug-In Check" window from popping up everytime I open my firefox browser? It is totally annoying...thanks
Every time I open firefox browser a very ANNOYING "Plugin Check Window" pops up. My plugins are up to date. I don't want this reminder....PLEASE let me know how to disable it...thanks
Chosen solutionby kpatz
In the address bar, type about:config
Click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button if it appears.
Type "plugin" into the filter box.
Find the entry plugin.scan.plid.all and set it to false.
You're done!Read this answer in context 6
I discovered that Flash gets disabled after making this about:config change. Firefox claims that Flash is "out of date" when the latest version is installed. So if you use Flash, this tweak won't work.
I don't really need my browser telling me what I can and can't run...Go to answer 4
Same problem here.
plugin.scan.plid.all, did not workGo to answer 2
Additional System Details
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Mozilla ActiveX control and plugin module
- MetaStream 3 Plugin r4
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2060
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
You can correct this issue by forcing the file blocklist.xml to update or wait until Firefox updates the file.
That update will remove the severity="0" flags in the file that cause the problem.
- Bug 663722 - The blocklist output is including severity="0" where it shouldn't be
The extra Plugin Check page (or my homepage substitute) stopped appearing at Firefox startup on my PC a day and a half ago. (I waited to see if this problem would remain "fixed" before reporting) I did not do anything to cause the change (all previous efforts had been fruitless)--e.g., all the "about:config" plugin settings are default (except the address for "plugins.update.url." I still have an old Quicktime plugin version. (I did update Flash and Java plugins, but that did not stop the Plugin Check page from appearing.)
Instead of anything I did, I assume Mozilla changed something? If so, thank you. I hope it is fixed on your PCs also.