Where is the Tools menu located
I just downloaded Firefox 4 on my PC- where is the tools menu located
Additional System Details
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_25 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
If you have the orange Firefox button, tap the Alt key or press F10 to display the classic menu bar temporarily.
To switch from the Firefox button to menus, use View > Toolbars > Menu Bar.
You can press the "Alt" to see the menu bar temporarily, but if you're like me you distributed buttons form extension to all of your toolbars, and I put my search bar up on the menu bar. The pain of the 4.0 changes is that you could have hidden toolbars without the Firefox changes, and that you can have all of your toolbars present and take up about the same amount of room and see many tabs instead of five or six tabs.
You can make Firefox 4.0.1 look like Firefox 3.6.17, see numbered items 1-10 in the following topic Fix Firefox 4.0 toolbar user interface, problems (Make Firefox 4.0 look like 3.6)
Modified by dmcritchie
Thanks, I found the menu bar and am able to access Tools. I appreciate your help!