java plugin needs java installation, but java installation, "jxpinstall", failed. how do i fix this so that it installs and then install the plugin?
Additional System Details
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1240
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
java plugin needs java installation, but java installation, "jxpinstall", failed. how do i fix this so that it installs and then install the plugin? The mozilla plugin checkup told me that i needed an update for a java plugin. i even adjusted Tea Timer for another time. it failed anyhow.
thanks for trying to help. the original jxpinstall.exe failed when i ran it. the other jre-6u25-windows-i586-iftw.exe also failed. in addition, i got a message that they were unable to download http://javadl-esd.sun.com/update/1.6.0/1.6.0_25-b06.xml. separately, http://www.java.com/en/ didn't give me a option to download a plugin
Could you please click the Firefox button, go to Add-ons, then Plugins and disable the Yahoo ActiveX plugin.
Then close Firefox and restart it again.
The link to http://www.java.com/en/ installs the Java plugin.
OK -That was the solution that worked for me. There was no way on earth that i would have ever been able to figure that out. Your easiness with the answer astounded me. Stay active. People with your knowledge are rare. We need you. Thank you.
This worked fine for me (the Xircal post at the top, not the one just above this). I did it on my XP-SP3/P4 machine
Modified by kikashi