How can I uninstall the Skype Toolbar extension?
Firefox 3.6.17, Windows 7- Want to uninstall Skype Toolbar extension. I have disabled it but the uninstall button is greyed out. I went to extension folder in profile to delete but it is not there?
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17
Please read this article, the section under "Skype".
If you cannot uninstall it from there, you can also try to go to the Windows Control Panel and uninstall the item called Skype Web features ! or Skype Toolbars!
Thanks for your interest. I read the article. I am not having any of the problems mentioned, in fact I am not having any problems with it at all I just don't want it and would like to find a way to uninstall it. I checked Windows Control Panel but no section related to Skype. The mystery continues...
You don't need to have any problems to uninstall it, just follow the instructions as stated in the article:
Tools > Add-ons > Extensions and click UNINSTALL
In Firefox 3.6 versions, you'll go to Add-ons by: Tools > Options > Add-ons
"You can also disable or uninstall the Skype extension via "Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions" (the extension is not needed to use the Skype application)."
Negative. The uninstall button is greyed out it can only be disabled (done), not uninstalled, that is my problem.
How about in your Windows Add/Remove Programs window, do you see Skype Toolbar there? If so, maybe you can uninstall from there.
Ain't you just magic! Why didn't I think of looking there? That did it! <Control Panel>-<Programs and Features>-Skype Toolbars-Uninstall Thanks a bunch.
You are welcome.
Your solution is not working here!
Win7 pro, FF 3.6.28, skype extension 220.127.116.1178
It's not possible to uninstall (button is grey) and the skype extension is blocked.
Deleting all extensions in the extensions folder didn't help. But after pressing the deactivate button and restarting FF this ugly skype extension is gone.
But google still doesn't work.
Modified by agagaga2323
use - about:config and search for skype. in the extensions. part use modify (there is no delete) - Firefox team please note - need a delete here. Anyway, modify to remove these extensions and all should be okay. doesn't work with the mystart malware as this is still on your PC and therefore when Firefox starts up, it puts itself back into the extensions. this may be the same with some toolbars.