Where is my Back/Forward List button?
The latest versions of Firefox 3 had the usual Back and Forward buttons along with a little drop-down arrow that produced a list of sites I've been to on that tab. Often, clicking that arrow and picking the page I wanted was simpler than clicking my way back through several pages. I can't find a way to add that arrow in Firefox 4. It's not in the list of toolbar buttons in the customize dialog. How can I get it back? Is it in the about:config list, and if so, what's it called?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Whenever I use the Back or Forward buttons.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Version 0.8.6c, copyright 1996-2006 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.0; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
A feature that was new in the latest versions of Firefox 3 has been dropped from Firefox 4. I want it back.
You can get the drop down list by either right-clicking on the back/forward buttons, or holding down the left button until the list appears.
If you want the drop-down arrow you can add it with the Back/forward dropmarker add-on - https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/backforward-dropmarker