My homepage seems to be stuck on "search.bearshare.com" and I can't chnage it.
I recently in installed the Bearshare program but I uninstalled shortly after. When I open firefox (v4) now the homepage is set to "search.bearshare.com". I tried changing the options and it still did fix the problem.
Any recommendations to fix it.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Google Update
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
You can look at these links:
See also this forum thread about BearShare:
Having followed loads of instructions from other posts with no luck, and having deleted everything I could find with "bearshare" by luck I found "mediabar" under "programs and features" with the same date we had downloaded bearshare - I deleted that and got rid, not only the bearshare toolbar but also the tabs.
I had same problem.. After installing bearshare program it change and lock homepage to "search.bearshare.com/". I found editing registry works. search for regedit.exe and open it. click "edit" tap at top left coner. Click find and type in "search.bearshare.com". click find next as system search and find any line with "search.bearshare.com" change to your normal website address (www.google.com, or www.yahoo.com etc.) if you have more than 1 search engine( fireFox. IE, Chrome, Safari etc) you will have to change all. After change first line from bearshare.com to google.com just hit find next to find more. Keep find and change until system scan all the registry.
You need to uninstall mediabar