tabs in title bar
I have tabs on top selected in Firefox version 4. Originally, the tabs were in the title bar (between the orange Firefox button and the minimize, maximize, close buttons) but after I removed the open bookmark button from the navigation bar, the tabs are now below the title bar and I cannot get them back up on the title bar. Putting the open bookmark button back on the navigation bar did not do it. How do I get them back there?
Additional System Details
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
You can check the pref browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar on the about:config page.
To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website.
If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.
browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar was set to true. I tried changing it to false restarting firefox and back to true restarting firefox but no change.
I resolved it. Firefox took up the entire screen but was not maximized. When I maximized Firefox, the tabs were in the titlebar. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction (I Googled drawInTitlebar).
Modified by Efreak
Instead of showing off, why don't you tell us how you got the tabs in the titlebar?
If you maximize the Firefox window then you can get the Tabs in the title bar if you set the above mentioned pref browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar to true.
- http://userstyles.org/styles/42402 Firefox 4 Normal Window Tabs In Titlebar
Thanks for finding that cor-el!! I have tested it on FF6b3 and it works on it as well!!
Firefox 6b3 is old, you should update to 6b5 (Help > About)
Modified by cor-el