This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
How can I change my address bar search engine from ask.com to google? Google is my search engine in the search bar to the right of the main address bar, but I want it for both.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16
Another solution for this particular problem.
- In the location bar, type about:config and hit Enter.
- In the filter at the top, type: keyword.URL
- Double click it and remove whatever's in there. You'll see it revert to "Default" and "String".
- Go to File | Exit
- Restart Firefox, go to the site you want to set as your homepage.
- Go to Tools | Options | General.
- Make sure it says "Show My Homepage" in the first dropdown menu.
- Click the button called "Use Current Pages" to set the homepage to the one you have on the screen.